Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
COVID-19 Update: As an essential business, our center remains open and we are continuing to provide TMS treatment for individuals with persistent, long-term depression. We’re here for you when you need help during these incredibly challenging times. We adhere to CDC guidelines to protect the health and wellbeing of our patients and staff, while continuing to provide patients much-needed treatment and relief.
TMS: A Transformative Therapy for Depression
More than 2 million people have turned to TMS to fight depression. Here are some things to know about this treatment alternative:
- TMS therapy is covered by most insurance.
- TMS therapy is safe and FDA-approved.
- Up to 60% of patients who have said that anti-depressants didn’t work for them have had a positive response to TMS.
“For about 20 minutes a day, five days a week, magnetic pulses targeted the part of my ‘sleeping’ brain that was making me sick. By the fourth week of treatment—a miracle! The storm cloud of depression started to lighten and lift. By the final week, it was gone completely. No depression; no anxiety! I was back! Happy, calm, strong. Excited about my life and the future.”
– M.C., Associated Behavioral Health Care (ABHC) patient
or fill out the form below
Facts about TMS
- TMS is a medication-free treatment; you won’t experience the usual unpleasant effects of anti-depressants.
- TMS is proven safe.
- The effectiveness of TMS has been studied for decades and has been FDA-approved since 2008.
- TMS has no impact on memory or cognitive function.
- TMS is not ETC (Electric Shock Treatment).
ABHC is recognized as a leading provider of TMS in the Pacific Northwest. From three Seattle area locations, our team of professionals have helped people throughout Kirkland, Everett, Redmond, Bellevue and other nearby areas overcome depression when other treatments haven’t helped.
We’re ready to help you bring the sunshine back into your life.
What to Expect from TMS Treatment
Here’s what you will likely experience from a TMS treatment:
- You remain awake during treatment, seated in a comfortable chair while a magnet gently stimulates your brain.
- TMS treatments are painless and last just 20 minutes.
- TMS works by stimulating neurons in a focused area of the brain that impact moods and by strengthening connections to the brain where the impact can be permanent.
- TMS generally produces transformative results after about six weeks of treatment (20-minute sessions, five days a week).
If you haven’t found relief from other depression treatments, turn to the leading provider of TMS in the Pacific Northwest. The ABHC team is here to help.