Alcohol and Drug Assessment
There are many reasons to obtain a drug and alcohol assessment.
- You may have a court mandate because you were arrested for DUI.
- Your employer may request an assessment.
- You may be questioning your relationship with alcohol or drugs because you’re not making the progress with your life you had envisioned.
Do you need to schedule an in-jail alcohol and drug assessment? Please contact our evaluation department directly at (425) 698-1505.
We use a research-validated approach to drug and alcohol evaluations.
Whatever the reason motivating your interest in an assessment, the process of obtaining a diagnostic evaluation consists of a thorough and comprehensive bio-psycho-social interview. During the consultation, one of our certified Chemical Dependency Professionals evaluates your alcohol and/or drug usage by administering a series of three tests.
These are standardized tests with guidelines established through the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition (DSM-V) and the American Society of Addiction Medicine Patient Placement Criteria for the treatment of substance-related disorders.
The tests we use:
- Michigan Alcoholism Screening Test (MAST)
- Drug Abuse Screen Test (DAST)
- Substance Abuse Subtle Screening Inventory (SASSI)
If your evaluation has been ordered due to an arrest, we may request the following items:
- 5-year DOL driving abstact Click Here
- DCH (Defendant Criminal History)
- Police Report
- Collateral Information from friends and family
- Urinalysis testing
Call (800) 858-6702 today to be seen for an assessment within 24 hours.
What Outcomes Should I Expect After My Drug and Alcohol Assessment?
Our Chemical Dependency professional evaluates your test results against standardized criteria. Our goal is to eliminate as much bias as possible. Most people fall within one of three groups:
- Chemically Dependent. Entry into a rehabilitation program at a certified treatment facility is our typical recommendation.
- Abuse or Potential Abuse Present. We recommend a range of therapy options personalized to your level of risk.
- Insufficient Evidence of Abuse. We usually recommend a one day alcohol and drug school class.
Our recommendations are based upon proven statistics. Our goal is to direct you to a treatment plan where your identifiable strengths aren’t ignored. We seek to connect you with the tools and strategies that will work best for you.
Call (800) 858-6702 today to schedule an assessment.